July 22, 2015
Memorandum For: Providers, DOL-DET Management Team; and American Job Center Staff
Subject: Initial Notification to Providers Regarding Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL) Changes Due to Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Implementation (ITA Memo #2)
- This memo provides initial information to Individual Training Account providers concerning the implementation of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
- Major changes are underway that will affect all providers resulting from implementing WIOA signed into law last summer by President Barack Obama. The new law completely replaces the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) of 1998 and will have a profound impact on the Eligible Training Provider List (ETPL), including how programs and providers are recruited, evaluated, and renewed.
- There is a lot do to in a very short time while ensuring providers have as little disruption as possible. To that end, it is our goal to fully implement all requirements of WIOA by October 28, 2015.
- To meet this aggressive goal, Delaware Workforce Development Board will:
- Accept no new providers or program applications until further notice, with a resumption target date of 18 September, 2015;
- Develop and distribute for a 30 day public comment period; via its website, Twitter, Facebook, and WordPress accounts an updated Individual Training Account (ITA) process manual NLT August 12, 2015 ;
- Hold a Provider Forum on17 September, 2015 at the Delamarva Power Conference Center to discuss all WIOA changes affecting providers and the ETPL; and
- Distribute progress updates and changes as appropriate via its social media accounts.
- A copy of the new law in pdf format is available at http://wp.me/p5JCjI-1C.
- I am the point of contact for this memo at 302-761-8163 or William.email@example.com.
William J. Potter
Delaware Workforce Development Board
A copy of the official memo in pdf format is at this link for your convenience ITAmemo#2withletterhead